Would you like to grow your career by leading a Drama Department with excellent links in a vibrant and diverse school in the heart of London?
Are you a talented Drama teacher who is keen to develop their skills further in a school with a new Headteacher that is on a rapid improvement journey? Are you passionate about Drama and would relish the opportunity to join a school which has a proud history of productions and excellent links, including with The Roundhouse. Would you like to work in a school with a ‘Disruption Free Classrooms’ policy so that your sole focus is on teaching and learning rather than behaviour?
If you are interested in working with our new Headteacher, James Hadley, to contribute to the next stage of our journey to excellence please see attachments for further details. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a visit or an informal conversation about the post.
We are looking for a well-qualified and committed Head of Drama for September 2018
Salary: Inner London MPS/UPS + TLR 2b (£4,440)
This is an excellent time to join a confident, successful, ambitious and improving school. Our colleagues are highly motivated and highly committed. We will invest heavily in your professional development and we will keep our approach as simple as possible so that you can be at your very best professionally.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who can demonstrate:
- An incredibly strong moral purpose evidenced through unquestionable ambition for every single student.
- Substance and credibility as a teacher practitioner.
- Passion about their subject specialism.
- Potential and desire to continue to grow professionally and transform the life chances of our students and their families.
- Genuine commitment to teamwork as part of an ambitious curriculum team.
- A passion to improve opportunities for young people.
- A desire to develop pupils’ skills further by providing extra-curriculur opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to teach Drama to students in KS3-4. We are keen to reintroduce KS5 Drama as soon as possible.
Haverstock is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Friday 20th April at noon
Interviews will take place the following week
24 Haverstock Hill,
Tel: 020 7267 0975 email: email@example.com
Headteacher: James Hadley