TEACHER OF DRAMA & ENGLISH
Starting January 2018
DSLV was formed from three schools (an Infant, Junior and Secondary) in February 2011 and became an all-through academy in April 2012. We currently have over 1100 students on role, with children coming from across the Daventry area and surrounding villages. We expect all our children to be the best they can be and know that this will only happen if they feel happy and supported in our academy. At DSLV we use the words ‘nurture, aspire, achieve’ as an important part of our identity and have a well-deserved reputation for inclusion and a focus on achievement and progress.
In February, OFSTED rated our school GOOD in all areas. Inspectors reported that ‘Pupils conduct themselves well, both in lessons and around the school site. They have positive attitudes to learning.’ They also said ‘There are strong relationships between teachers and pupils, and between pupils, that enable pupils to learn well.’
We are a team of dedicated professionals who work hard to ensure the children and young people at our school reach their full potential and go on to be successful young adults, not only academically, but socially and emotionally too. Our task is not always easy but the team we have here all play a vital role in the success of the school. Are you ready to embrace a challenge and really make a difference?
We are looking for an inspirational and motivated Drama & English Teacher to join our team.
· A welcoming, friendly, supportive staff who will value your contributions
· Well-behaved, well-motivated children, interested and supportive parents and
· Enhanced CPD opportunities and a strong commitment to professional development of Teaching and Learning.
We are looking for:
· An outstanding and dynamic Drama/English teacher, who is motivated and excited by change, and has the desire to further develop our Academy
· A person with highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to lead by example in all aspects of Academy life.
The successful candidate will have:
· High expectations of achievement and outstanding classroom practice
· An excellent understanding of how to use assessment information to plan and deliver learning that ensures all children make good progress
· Excellent understanding of how to enthuse and engage children so that they are excited by learning and by school, to achieve high standards
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in improving outcomes for children and ability to work with others
· Excellent classroom management and organisational skills.
Please apply by letter and application form, available on our website to Sarah Brooks, Regional Operations Director. We are unable to accept CV’s.
T: 01327 705816 E: daventryregionhr@E-ACT.org.uk W: www.dslv.org.uk