Southlands English School in Rome
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Drama from the 1st September 2017. The successful candidate will teach, and build upon, our current Key Stage 3 and 4 Drama curricula, inside and outside the timetable. There will be a requirement to teach some English in Key Stage 3 next year as part of the established English team.
There are some 150 students in our Senior School at the moment, however, we are an expanding IB World school. We would therefore be interested in candidates who have both IGCSE and IB Diploma Programme training and teaching experience, and a vision to embed Drama/Performing Arts and bring it into our Key Stage 5 programme.
- to possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- to be a UK resident with a valid passport, dual passport or already in possession of a valid visa that allows work in Italy
- to be a citizen of the EU
- to hold "Qualified Teacher Status" or equivalent qualifications
How to apply (Closing date 31st May 2017)
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send the following to email@example.com (Head of Senior School & IB Diploma Co-ordinator)
- letter of application
- full CV with photograph
- contact details of three referees (one must be the current/most recent employer)
The initial interview will be via Skype with short-listed candidates being invited to Rome for the final interview. If you have not heard from us by 12th June 2017, at the latest, your application has not been successful.
Kindly note that the appointment process will include stringent recruitment procedures including a DBS check. You are encouraged to visit our website at www.southlands.it to learn more about the school.