Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Drama on a full-time fixed-term basis from August 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performing, market-leading international school in one of the most vibrant cities in the world. They opened their doors in 2003 and have since grown to become the school of choice in the city. The college is academically selective with an ever-increasing roll which currently stands at over 1,669 students. They are a diverse and dynamic community with students joining from over 40 countries across the world. They pride themselves in having a highly professional, committed and caring teaching community who enjoy an engaging, rewarding and supportive school environment.
"Our students excel in music, drama, sport and the arts and they fully involve themselves in service to our local and global communities; service for us is not something we do, but we who are. Our Values guide our students to be the very best people that they can be: to be kind; to have integrity in their thoughts and actions; to take responsibility and have respect for others and themselves, and finally to show courage and stand up for what they believe in."
The Head of Drama is a member of the Senior School's Curriculum Leadership Group (CLG) and provides important support to the Deputy Heads of Senior School. The remit is wide, from strong awareness of subject-related administrative and managerial micro-detail to a broader leadership understanding of the college's overall vision and purpose; and how curriculum-specific aspects complement and contribute towards the organisation's general development and ambitions.
Some Key Responsibilities:
1) Lead and inspire colleagues and students, who respectively teach and learn the subject.
2) Establish the direction of the department, including reviewing and writing the annual departmental development plan.
3) Co-ordinate all aspects of the subject curriculum delivered, including annual reviews of schemes of work, to ensure that the curriculum continues to meet the needs of the students and incorporates any national or international developments as appropriate.
4) Support the Deputy Heads with school curriculum review and development, including appropriate cross- and vertical curricular links throughout the college.
5) Organise and chair departmental meetings; which take place frequently and no less than once a month, and include matters arising from CLG and general staff meetings.
6) Ensure that communication within the department remains effective and open.
7) Remain up to date with developments in the subject and inform all teaching colleagues as appropriate.
8) Advise on staff deployment within the timetabling requirements in consultation with the Deputy Heads.
The Successful Candidate:
• Degree in Drama/Theatre Arts, or equivalent
• PGCE or equivalent in a related subject
• At least 2 years experience teaching Drama/Theatre to learners from Years 7 - 13
• IGCSE and/or IBDP experience preferable
• Experience in leading colleagues to achieve a common goal
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR1508889
Tes Schools Recruitment represents Schools and Academies across the globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher/leader for every role.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...