King's College Saint Michaels, international boarding school in Worcestershire, is looking to appoint a Head of English as an Additional Language for September 2018.
- A dynamic and pro-active practitioner, preferably with independent sector or international experience
- Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
- Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pastoral responsibility or experience would be an advantage
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
Students at the school during the academic year range in age from 14 –18. They come from a wide variety of countries, including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Russia, China, Guinea, Italy, France, Japan, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Vietnam, Colombia and Brazil.
The prime goal for the majority of students studying here at Saint Michael’s College is to pass GCSE, A Level and Foundation subjects in order to progress in their education and gain a good university place.
The students are generally well behaved and well-motivated. Their level of English ranges from beginner to advanced. Students have access to specialist English (EFL) lessons in addition to academic support lessons.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity to join the Academic Teaching team at a King's Group School in the UK please visit https://kingsgroup.org/
To apply, please also send a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 and a recent photograph (by email) by the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th March
To find out more about King’s Group, visit http://kingsgroup.org/
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process.