Head of Early Years
Huili Nursery Hangzhou. (Hangzhou)
Job Posted: 22 July 2019.
Dates: Apply by 31 August 2019.
Job starts: January 2020 or earlier.
Location: Hangzhou, China.
Contract Type: Full Time
Huili Nursery Hangzhou offers a world-class bilingual Early Years education for children from the ages of 2 to 6, following the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum guided by the Chinese Statements on Early Years education.
Huili Nursery Hangzhou believes that every child has the right to a well-planned, joyful and holistic education. Early years education has a lifelong impact on how young children view and value learning. Key to our educational ethos is full commitment to the Nursery, with staff, children and parents all playing their parts in creating and maintaining a truly unique and vibrant atmosphere. Huili Nursery Hangzhou staff are committed in encouraging their students to embrace a wide range of experiences, and to foster in them Huili Values and the Huili Identity.
Huili Nursery Hangzhou is situated on the Wellington College Hangzhou campus, which campus covers over 74,000 square meters and hosts a range of custom built, state-of-the-art facilities that provide pupils with access to the very best academic and co-curricular opportunities. The Nursery building is self-contained and provides customised facilities for children in an Early Years setting.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
1. Report to the Executive Master on all issues relating to the efficient management and organization of the Nursery
2. Providing strategic direction and leadership to the Nursery
3. Control budgets and finances within the Nursery and offer direction and support to Nursery School coordinators and subject leaders, as when aspects of financial responsibility are delegated to them
4. Marketing the school through the building of strong links with the Hangzhou community and business interests in Hangzhou
5. Reviewing and producing all materials to inform all stakeholders and prospective pupils
6. Ensuring the school curriculum is of an excellent quality
7. Providing advice and guidance on the best educational environment and resources for young children
8. Serving as instructional leader to develop a system for continuous improvement of teaching and learning
9. Ensuring an orderly, stimulating and motivational culture with a strong sense of school community
10. Establishing a strong understanding of Wellington College and its ethos and traditions and review operating budgets and provide financial accountability
11. Managing the school in a fiscally responsible manner
12. Ensuring that the physical resources of the Nursery are utilised as effectively and efficiently as possible
13. Ensuring the provision of high quality learning through excellence in service delivery and performance management of people and resources
14. Manage the budget for professional development throughout the Nursery
15. Manage the budget for educational resources throughout the Nursery
16. Direct deployment of staffing and manpower throughout the Nursery
17. Ensure policies, practices and parental communications are established and maintained to support the physical, emotional and social development of the individual student
18. To implement and monitor the general policies, including those for Behaviour, Antibullying, Discipline and Child Protection within the Nursery
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to jobs.hangzhou@wellingtoncollege indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header. A person specification is available in the supporting document section.
Application deadline: 30 August 2019