Norwich International School is a young school, in its sixth year of operation with Secondary slowly being established. We will be introducing Year 10 for the first time from August 2020 and a new purpose built state-of-the art Secondary is being constructed over the next 2 years.
At Norwich our Early Years section consists of Nursery (children turning 3 during the academic year), Kindergarten, (children turning 4 during the academic year) and Reception (children turning 5 during the academic year). At the moment we also introduce Pre-Nursery each January for those children who would move into Nursery in the August.
Our modern Early Years building was purpose built for young learners, with many play areas and breakout spaces. There is a warm and caring atmosphere throughout Early Years where our teachers are passionate about their roles in making a difference to the children in their care. Our parents are supportive of the school and this really does enable the presence of a nice warm community feel, which is particularly evident in Early Years where the parents are more involved.
Norwich is also working through the Membership and subsequent Accreditation processes with CIS, as such experience with the CIS accreditation process would also be an advantage.
We are seeking someone to lead our Early Years section who has a good grasp of the EYFS curriculum and the assessment needs therein. Imperative in this role is an understanding of the needs and concerns of our parents, with the ability to form relationships which enhance the community feel we currently enjoy.
Suitable applications from all locations are welcome but those with local or regional expertise will be viewed favourably.
Competitive salary, travel allowance, settling in allowance, free lunches, health insurance and others.
What we offer
- An ambitious, expanding, successful and vibrant place to work.
- State-of-the-art learning environment and facilities.
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn.
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children.
- A senior leadership team that is committed to developing others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education (or equivalent) or a Bachelor’s Degree with a post-graduate qualification in Education, and Qualified Teacher Status (or equivalent).
- Desire to progress through Continual Professional Development opportunities.
- Appropriate high expectations of all children.
- Innovative and creative teaching practices.
- Being a team player with a positive, friendly disposition.
How to Apply
Please send a resume of no more than 2 pages, a covering letter and a single page statement on your leadership philosophy in an educational context to email@example.com