Head of Economics
The Principal invites enthusiastic and well-qualified Economics graduates to apply for the position of Head of Economics starting in September 2018. DLD College London is an independent co-educational College situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. There are around 500 students from 52 different countries and over 250 boarders.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a 'gold standard' of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
A Centre of Excellence
We have a fantastic track record of supporting students to achieve the A-Level, BTECs (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE results they need, enabling them to move onto university courses of their choice. We also offer a successful International Foundation Programme together with Pre-sessional Programmes.
Purpose of the post
- To be responsible for the running of the department and oversee all aspects of the delivery of the department.
- To be accountable for student progress and development in the department
- To enhance teaching and undertake quality assurance through a programme of lesson observations, work scrutiny and share best practice
- To assist in the interview and recruitment of students
- To contribute to performance management, CPD and the appraisal process of staff
Personal Specification & Skills
- Qualifications: A good honours degree in an appropriate subject. Desirable: Teaching qualification and/or other post graduate qualification
- Expertise and academic competence; the ability to seek, review and apply best practice. Many of the students who choose Economics do not have English as a first language. Previous experience of teaching international students would therefore be an advantage.
- A minimum of two years’ teaching experience for those without a teaching qualification. We accept applications from NQTs and provide a programme to support their Statutory Induction year at the college.
- Personal effectiveness; good time management, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; good communication, presentation and planning skills.
- Commitment to on-going professional development and training to develop outstanding classroom practice
- To be able to engage with and be proficient in the use of technology
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality teaching and learning by supporting initiatives within the Faculty
Closing date for applications: Thursday 15th March 2018
Interviews: w/c Monday 19th March 2018
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.