Champion the needs and improved outcomes for Children Looked After both across the authority and for those placed out of authority and provide high quality strategic leadership for the Virtual School to ensure that Children Looked After have access to high quality educational places and achieve the very best educationally.
Wirral Local Authority is seeking to appoint a senior leader to provide high quality strategic leadership for the Council's strategy to close the educational gap for vulnerable children, specifically children looked after and children in need. The successful applicant will work to close the gap between disadvantaged children and their peers. Acting as a champion for these children, the Head of Education for Vulnerable children will be expected to effectively monitor and challenge schools and settings, sharing good practice and ensuring good relationships between partners.
Key tasks include:
1. Ensure through the provision of services that children are safe and achieving good outcomes.
2. Strategically lead for the Council on its statutory responsibilities to ensure that Children Looked After continue to engage in high quality education, have stable placements to ensure the very best outcomes.
3. Work on a multiagency basis to ensure that measures are taken to promote high attainment, positive behaviour, good attendance, and reduce exclusions.
4. Lead the Virtual School.
5. Ensure the effective implementation of Personal Education Plans (PEP), that these are in line with statutory timeframes, contain effective target setting and monitoring, meets the needs of Children looked After and celebrates their achievements.
6. Ensure appropriate and timely advice and support is provided to schools and stakeholders to motivate and generate commitment to meeting the needs of Children Looked After.
This post is subject to Enhanced Child Level DBS check.
This post is politically restricted at Sensitive level
Apply online at www.wirral.gov.uk