This is an opportunity to join the leadership team of a new, premium, full age-range school in Dubai which will open in August 2018. Operating to the English curriculum, the school will have, as its core philosophy, an emphasis on ecological education, education for sustainability and inclusion. The facilities shall be outstanding, and include bio-domes, learning gardens and extensive provision for both sports and the arts.
We therefore seek exceptionally hard working and motivated teachers, who view a founding school as an opportunity to take an important role in shaping a truly outstanding education. Starting in the primary phase, we are looking to recruit teachers and leaders who are willing to go that extra mile, and who can form excellent relationships with colleagues, parents and students. All our staff shall play a key role in fulfilling the schoolâ€™s mission in ensuring that The Arbor School fosters a positive, caring and compassionate learning environment, which is anchored by a deep sense of environmental justice and sustainability.
Supported by the senior leadership of the school, the Head of Educational Technology will support the integration of technology into the curriculum and develop a vision for innovation throughout the school. In addition, this new position will be responsible for establishing overall strategy and direction, and create a plan to lead/mentor teachers in delivering a first-class approach to technology integration. They shall also oversee a cross-curricular approach to ICT as a subject area, and help plan for its delivery.
The Arbor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to CV and qualification checking, interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Required Candidate profile:
- First language English speaker
- Bachelor degree in Education or a Bachelor degree with a Postgraduate Certificate in Education with QTS
- AÂ creativeÂ andÂ pragmaticÂ approachÂ toÂ theÂ implementationÂ ofÂ technologyÂ withÂ aÂ focusÂ on improving student learning outcomes.
- EvidenceÂ ofÂ innovativeÂ practicesÂ andÂ theÂ integrationÂ ofÂ educational technologyÂ toÂ supportÂ richÂ teachingÂ and learning experiences.
- Strategic capability in both IT and pedagogy.
- Ability to translate the complexities of technologies into simple and elegant solutions that foster strong user adoption.
- Extensive experience with a variety of technology in an educational environment including information systems, VLE and administration.
- An appreciation for environmental sustainability and of values-based education.
- A sense of humour and excellent work ethic.
All positions attract a generous remuneration package including a competitive salary, accommodation allowance, schooling for children, private medical insurance, annual airfares and end of contract gratuity as per UAE labour law.
To apply for this position please ensure the following documents are sent to email@example.com for the attention of the Principal, Mr. Charles Grayhurst.
· An up to date CV with photograph included
· A letter of application, no longer than two pages in length, which outlines your educational philosophy and suitability for a role at The Arbor School.
Interviews shall be held in Â February or March.
The Arbor School reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the termination of the advertisement date, so early applications are encouraged.
All appointments are subject to KHDA approval.