About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Head of English to lead our current department. We are looking for someone who can provide outstanding leadership or quickly develop as an outstanding leader to ensure that learning and progress in English continues on an upward trajectory into the 2020/21 academic year. This is an exciting time to join the academy following our 2019 exam results which highlighted significant and sustained improvements over the last three years.
This role may ideally suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid, sustained improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development program.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- A United Learning Academy.
- We are an ambitious Academy with a focus on continuous improvement, we are determined to continue on our journey towards ‘good’ in every aspect of our provision, ensuring that each and every student is supported and encouraged to achieve their very best.
Barnsley Academy is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. By collecting expertise and combining resources, we help to make the tough job of teaching a little easier. With a shared curriculum and lesson plans from around the group available to all, our teachers have strong foundations to lead the engaging, rounded education our children deserve. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share this resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with wide career opportunities – between Primary and Secondary, Academy and Independent – better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of helping every child at each of our schools to succeed and reach their full potential.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link
Closing date: Monday, 20th January 2020 (applications must be received no later than 12 noon)
Interviews: To take place the following week
Where teaching is better shared
Barnsley Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the Academy before applying, to organise a visit please email Karen Jones, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.