Position: Head of English
Apply by: Tuesday 12th February
Salary: MPS/ UPS with TLR (reflecting experience
Contract term: Full time
Job start: 29th April 2019
Interview: Friday 15th February
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its four CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading education and business leaders.
Jewellery Quarter Academy (JQA) opened in 2014. It puts the education and learning experience of students at the heart of everything. As a result, it is a successful, growing, over-subscribed inner city school. For further information about our academy, please visit the website.
We are looking to appoint a Head of English.
This position requires:
• The ability to lead and manage staff and students
• Personal ambition to develop your professional career
• A passion for English and the ability to inspire students and staff alike
• A determination to provide the best English education for all students
• The ability to consistently teach high quality lessons in key stages 3 and 4
• The determination to drive rapid student progress across a full range of abilities
• A passion for reading and to improve student literacy
• A leader who wants to contribute to broader life at JQA
• An excellent role model for our students
For an informal discussion and / or tour, please contact Julian Wigley at the Academy (0121 289 3944)
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.