Position: Head of English
Apply by: Tuesday 21st May 2019
Salary: MPS/ UPS with TLR (reflecting experience
Contract term: Full time
Job start: 2nd September 2019
School Visits: Please contact Sammie Hibbs 0121 729 7220
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its four CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading education and business leaders. The Trust works with high profile partners, Birmingham City Football Club, the Tennis Foundation and The Birmingham Rep. Theatre.
Jewellery Quarter Academy (JQA) opened in 2014. It puts the education and learning experience of students at the heart of everything. As a result, it is a successful, growing, over-subscribed inner city school. For further information about our academy, please visit the website.
We are looking to appoint a Head of English.
This position requires:
• The ability to lead and manage staff and students
• Personal ambition to develop your professional career
• A passion for English and the ability to inspire students and staff alike
• A determination to provide the best English education for all students
• The ability to consistently teach high quality lessons in key stages 3 and 4
• The determination to drive rapid student progress across a full range of abilities
• A passion for reading and to improve student literacy
• A leader who wants to contribute to broader life at JQA
• An excellent role model for our students
For an informal discussion and / or tour, please contact Sammie Hibbs at the Academy
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.