TEACHING VACANCIES AT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL BRUNEI FOR AUGUST 2018
Do you want to:
- Live on the beautiful island of Borneo, on the edge of the World’s oldest rainforest and next to the South China Sea?
- Work in a brand new building, with quality resources at your fingertips?
- Teach a genuinely international student body of over 40 nationalities, aged from 3-18,
- Deliver the British Curriculum (leading to IGCSEs and the IB Diploma) to curious, attentive and committed students, who achieve results which are consistently well above World Averages?
- Have access to a wealth of travel opportunities around South East Asia, for weekend breaks and longer holidays?
If the answer to the above questions is yes, then you may be the person we are looking for.
The International School, Brunei is expanding and looking to fill a range of vacancies. As a non-profit institution, the school has been servicing the needs of the expatriate and local community for over 50 years and is looking for well-qualified, committed new staff. ISB occupies two sites; the main site in Bandar Seri Begawan has c. 1250 students and a site in the oil town of Kuala Belait, 60 miles to the south, with a roll of c. 150 students. Our Bandar site occupies a new, purpose-built, multi-million dollar campus with all amenities, which opened in 2015. It is for this campus that we are seeking new staff members. We particularly welcome applications from teaching couples.
We offer the EYFS programme for Early Years, and an adapted UK National Curriculum from Year 1 to Year 9, followed by IGCSE and the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The school enjoys healthy examination pass rates with almost one third of all IGCSE exams taken between 2013 & 2017 graded A/A*; the IB Diploma pass rate was 95%, with scores which consistently world average. The multi-cultural and family atmosphere is enriched by a student roll of 43 different nationalities and a faculty mainly derived from the UK and New Zealand, with another 16 countries represented.
Brunei Darussalam itself is a modern, oil-rich state nestled on the rain-forested island of Borneo, beside the South China Sea. It has a sunny sub-tropical climate, an extremely family-friendly lifestyle, a good standard of living and travel opportunities within the wider Asia region.
For further details of the position on offer, please download our application pack, which gives details of the position, the employment package on offer, and further details on what to expect from ISB & Brunei Darussalam.
Our school website can be found at http://www.isb.edu.bn should you wish to browse further details of the school and the position.
We look forward to hearing from you, and wish you the very best of luck with your application.