We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic Head of English with a proven record of excellence across Key Stage 3 and 4. The successful candidate will be an inspirational teacher, committed to high standards, with the vision and ability to inspire students and staff, as Head of a key academic department.
You will demonstrate strong teaching and leadership skills and have the ability to motivate, enthuse and challenge students to produce the highest quality work and make above expected progress.
- To inspire, manage and lead staff and students to achieve their best, modelling excellent teaching and learning practice
- To establish a positive identity and ethos within the department
- To implement effective systems for mentoring, assessment, recording, target setting, reporting, SEN, student welfare and guidance
- To establish a culture within the department that celebrates and promotes academic and wider achievement
- To ensure that all teaching within the department is good or better
- To ensure all students make outstanding progress and achieve challenging targets
- To ensure that the Academy’s vision ‘Everyone Achieves’ remains a reality.
In return, we can offer the successful candidate the chance to work alongside excellent teachers in a supportive and aspirational department, where investment in staff and their development is at the core of our on-going success.
To apply for this role, please complete a Bulwell Academy Application Form, which can be downloaded from our website at www.bulwellacademy.co.uk (click on quick links where you will be able to select Job Vacancies). Your application form and letter of application should be sent to our HR Department, The Bulwell Academy, Squires Avenue, Nottingham, NG6 8HG. Applications by email are welcomed and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that CVs are not accepted unless accompanied by an Application Form.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Tracey Sadler, PA to the Principal, on 0115 9647650 or email email@example.com.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May.
Interview date: Friday 25th May.
The Bulwell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.