Due to promotion of the current post holder to Senior Leadership, we are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of English who has had experience of teaching within the secondary setting. The successful candidate will be driven by challenge; he or she will be a problem solver, looking for opportunities to craft engaging explorations and discoveries from any aspect of school life. Early applications are strongly recommended to avoid disappointment.
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 29th October 2019
Interviews: Thursday 31st October 2019
The successful candidate will:
• Hold DfE Qualified Teacher Status.
• Be an outstanding practitioner who inspires students.
• Have the ability to draw upon their professional background to demonstrate their ability to successfully teach up to GCSE.
• Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum.
• Believe that every child can and will succeed.
• Be flexible, collaborative and resilient.
• Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extensive enrichment programme.
• Have the highest ambitions for your students, the department, the school and yourself.
We will offer you:
• An energising and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards.
• Students who are just beginning to make life goals; who are enthusiastic to look beyond the narrow confines of rural Cornwall.
• Colleagues who are reflective, committed professionals; who are motivated by challenge and willing to go the extra mile for our students to achieve the very best results.
• A unique opportunity to help build the school and the department.
• A well-resourced school with 21st century teaching and learning facilities.
• An excellent programme of CPD and opportunities to develop leadership and management skills.
• Opportunities to develop innovative co-curricular and enrichment activities within the school day as part of the ‘Brannel Challenge’ period each week.
Newquay Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to the satisfactory completion of checks and references, including an enhanced DBS check.