HEAD OF ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
We are looking for a Head of English to join our Private School in Madrid, whose mission is to implement, promote and supervise the bilingualism project of the school at Primary and Secondary levels, as well as to train and appraise the English teaching staff in accordance with the school strategic plan to guarantee the academic and linguistic excellence of the School.
- Setting of the highest standards in their area of expertise and implement strategies that lead to their achievement.
- Planning, organizing and promotion of the English academic events and activities that will allow to enforce the school English project.
- Implementation, supervision and evaluation of teaching methodologies, resources, materials and books to ensure that teachers use effective and approved methods.
- Implementation, supervision and follow up on the Cambridge International program as well as the Cambridge level official exams to ensure the highest quality and appropriate development of the bilingualism program in the school.
- Supporting key stage coordinators in the evaluation of the students' performance in those subjects delivered in English.
- Development of academic programs and the necessary approach to ensure their proper deployment. Follow up and reporting results of the bilingual project to ensure its continuous improvement.
- Hiring, supervising and follow-up of English teaching staff to ensure the achievement of the objectives established in the school project.
- Assisting key stage coordinators in the English-speaking teachers performance appraisal and professional development projects to ensure the accomplishment of academic and linguistic standards.
- Bachelor degree / PGCE in education
- 3 years of experience coordinating language department or key stage team
- Bilingual level of English-C2
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Spanish Basic level (Desirable)
- Full time and permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Great atmosphere
- Chance to work and develop professional career in a prestigious, catholic and bilingual school
- Free daily breakfast and lunch
- Scholarships schemes for employees´ children.
We are a network of private, bilingual Catholic formative centers whose mission is to offer the student an integral formation based on academic excellence and personal guidance. We commit to providing the employee with excellent teaching opportunities and possibilities for professional development within the school network. Our international education system offers a complete learning experience, from Early Childhood Education up to High School.
Regnum Christi offers a network of 135 schools and 14 universities worldwide with more than 60 years of experience. In Spain, this network comprises seven schools: 3 in Madrid, 2 in Barcelona, 1 in Valencia and 1 in Seville and the prestigious University Francisco de Vitoria in Madrid.
For more information, please visit our web page: http://www.colegiosrc.es/
How to apply:
If you are interested please, send your CV to the following e-mail address: email@example.com