Dubai English Speaking College (DESC) is a thriving, not-for-profit provider of education. We are proud of our inclusive nature and believe that our students get the very best experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom. Our staff are well looked after and continuously strive to improve what is recognised already as an outstanding practice. DESC is considered to be one of the leading Colleges in the region and has a reputable track record of success in academic achievement, sport, performing arts and enterprise. With over sixty nationalities represented, we are very much an international College that embraces the opportunities to facilitate our students in making an impact as global citizens.
DESC is the sister school of the oldest British Curriculum School in Dubai, Dubai English Speaking School (DESS) and is responsible for delivery of secondary education (between ages 11 -18). DESC follows the National Curriculum of England at KS3, GCSE at KS4 and A Level and BTEC at KS5; it has been a provider of outstanding education since 2005. Please refer to the website for further information: www.descdubai.com.
We are seeking the very best who will help us to continue to provide this standard of education.
Our Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Accommodation allowance or fully furnished accommodation
- Excellent Medical Insurance coverage
- Annual flight allowance
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
The successful applicant will:
- Be qualified in the UK
- Have successful experience of curriculum leadership gained as Head of Department or Subject Coordinator
- Hold a PGCE or equivalent and QTS
- Be talented and highly motivated, with a proven track record of teaching GCSE, AS and A Level
- Be willing to contribute in a positive manner to all aspects of the College’s vision, including extra-curricular activities. Please state on your application if you have experience in Cricket or Athletics as there may be an opportunity for a successful candidate to gain extra responsibility in these areas.
For further information please refer to the Job Description, Person Specification and Applicant Information Pack below.
Safer Recruitment Statement
DESC is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers who work with the school to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo a rigorous screening process that includes: verification of qualifications; obtaining two satisfactory references (including current employer) and obtaining a Police Certificate or Good Conduct Certificate from the country the applicant last resided in. Any employment gaps on the application form will be addressed during interview.
Please see our Application Pack and Application Form below. Please return the Application Form with the title of the role in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: CVs will not be accepted and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.