Head of English
Starting Date: 1st September 2021
Closing Date for application: Monday 24th May 2021
Salary: Inner London Salary; TLR 1G
This is an exciting opportunity to apply for a key leadership role in a major department at Greenford High School, we are an outstanding, oversubscribed, mixed, multi-cultural high school in West London. We are in the top 120 schools nationally, for student progress and have an excellent, supportive English department with a tremendous record of both exam success and of developing students and staff. This post is open to practitioners with significant leadership/TLR experience already. We have a truly outstanding, supportive English department with a tremendous record of developing both students and staff.
● Greenford High School is a key member of the Ealing Teaching School Alliance and has a long history of offering excellent CPD programmes, collaboration with other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression and promotion.
● We have a great record of developing NQTs, training over 30 student teachers each year and partnering Teach First in hosting and delivering CPD for their teachers.
● A vibrant, flourishing Post 16 Centre of 550 students, with many A Level classes.
● Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic colleagues.
● Excellent modern facilities and interactive technology in a well-resourced, new school, with a new KS3 building which has recently opened.
● The opportunity for flexible working where possible.
● Other benefits include: generous non-contact time; small class sizes wherever possible; assistance for those taking Masters and further degrees; a partnership with the Institute of Education and Teach First; many colleagues taking Teaching Leaders courses, Future Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL; the opportunity to train and mentor student teachers and Teach First; a dedicated and supportive pastoral team; guaranteed car parking spaces and bicycle storage; shared department workroom; an excellent library; access to sporting facilities and a fitness gym; Workplace Options scheme providing advice and support; staff social events and well-being sessions.
Application packs are available from the school website www.greenford.ealing.sch.uk and should be returned to Dawn Druce at firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenford High School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
To All Potential Applicants and New Staff,
Welcome to Greenford High School, an outstanding, high achieving, truly non-selective, inclusive comprehensive. As Headteacher, I am immensely proud of the many things that combine to make Greenford such a s...