Located in the London Borough of Barnet, Wren Academy is sponsored by the Church of England and Berkhamsted School. The Academy has developed a strong reputation for outstanding teaching and learning, as demonstrated by our 2016 and 2017 Progress 8 figure which places us in the top 50 schools nationally. We opened in 2008 and have grown to now include a sixth form. Our primary phase started in 2015. The engaging curriculum, and state of the art buildings have contributed to the Academy’s notable success. The Academy is a forward-thinking establishment and welcomes colleagues who are enthusiastic and ready to offer their ideas to create powerful and effective learning experiences for all students. The English faculty is a thriving part of the Wren community and offers both English Language and English Literature to A level. The curriculum is innovative and focused on developing students’ lifelong love of English as well as achieving outstanding examination success. Wren is a MAT and plans are well advanced in building new schools which will provide exciting professional development opportunities for the successful candidate.
We wish to appoint a colleague to this post who has:
• outstanding teaching and interpersonal skills
• the ability to articulate and lead on a vision of continued success of English
• a strong academic English background with the ability to teach the subject to GCSE and A level
• excellent organisational skills
• evidence of ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development
• the desire to maximise the performance of all students and ensure the very best progress for all
• implement strategies that will further enhance our students’ love of English
Closing date for applications: Noon on Wednesday 25 April 2018.
Applications will be considered as they are received.
Interviews will take place the week beginning Monday 30 April 2018.
For an application pack please see our website:
Please note that we require the Wren Academy application form to be completed before we are able to consider your application. We do not accept CV’s.
Wren Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.