We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced teacher with excellent leadership skills as Head of Department for English, to start in September 2019. Priestlands provides an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, imaginative and ambitious candidate to lead an outstanding department in our very successful and over-subscribed school situated on the outskirts of the New Forest in Lymington.
We will ensure the successful candidate has:
- Comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor;
- Continuous professional learning, development and improvement
- The opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students
- an open professional culture and learning community;
- overwhelming parental support for teachers;
- opportunities for and dedication to your professional development;
- opportunities to contribute to our wide ranging and popular extra-curricular and inter-House programmes of activities;
- Free induction and use of the school’s own Gym equipment;
- Reduced membership rates to the Leisure Centre on our site.
If you are ambitious, committed and enthusiastic and can help us in our drive towards excellence, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information about the post can be found on our school website at http://www.priestlands.hants.sch.uk/Teaching-Staff . To apply, please complete the Priestlands Application Form available on the same page.
Applications will be considered as they are received and we reserve the right to close vacancies early if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Priestlands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. This post is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) Order 1975. Priestlands School is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.