We wish to appoint, for September 2020, a first rate, qualified and enthusiastic Head of English to lead our vibrant Department and develop the teaching and learning of English to pupils in the Prep School and to continue to foster and develop strong links with our Pre-Prep.
English at Highfield is both popular and successful and the Department sets the highest standards. It has enjoyed great success at Scholarship level and Common Entrance at both 11+ and 13+.
The successful candidate would be expected to teach English to 11+ and 13+ Common Entrance and Scholarship level.
An ability to coach games and contribute to our exciting and diverse extra-curricular provision would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will:-
• be a first rate teacher
• show real passion for their subject; promoting the learning, love and excellence of English throughout the School and ensuring high levels of interest and achievement, particularly in senior school Scholarship Examinations
• be able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best
• have excellent planning and preparation skills
• have strong communication skills and excellent leadership qualities
• have the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively
• be resilient under pressure
• show a strong commitment to promoting the well-being of pupils
• work collaboratively with colleagues and encourage and develop the professional standards of the department
• be able to demonstrate a keen awareness of current educational and subject relevant issues
• demonstrate a clear understanding of how to ensure the highest possible outcomes for pupils in their subject, whilst not diminishing their love and enjoyment of their learning
• participate fully in the wider life of the school according to his / her talents and interests
An attractive salary will be determined in accordance with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Accommodation on site may be available. The School offers reduced fees for children of staff at both Highfield and Brookham, the Pre-Prep School.
Full details of the post and an Application Form can be downloaded from the School Website www.highfieldschool.org.uk/Jobs
A Letter of Application, as well as a completed Application Form, including the names and addresses of two referees, should be sent to: HR Manager, Highfield School, Highfield Lane, Liphook, Hampshire GU30 7LQ.
Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st February.
Interviews will be held as soon as suitable candidates are available and we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
We are an I.A.P.S. co-educational Boarding and Day Pre-Prep and Prep School for approximately 500 pupils aged 2 to 13. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants are expected to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Employer Online Service regarding prohibition orders issued by the Secretary of State and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Highfield and Brookham Schools are an Equal Opportunities Employer.