Head of English, Full/Part time (4 days minimum) – Permanent
Required for April 2018
Scissett Middle is a thriving; over-subscribed and highly successful school catering for pupils between the ages of 10 and 13. Teachers at Scissett Middle School can really teach as pupils have outstanding behaviours for Learning. We encourage our staff to take risks and enjoy teaching as we believe this leads to exceptional progress and strong relationships.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic secondary English teacher who wants to inspire a love of learning in our young people and lead a team of highly committed individuals to get our pupils ‘GCSE ready’ by the end of Year 8. You may be someone who has had extensive leadership experience already or someone who is new to leadership and has the vision and commitment to become a strong leader prepared to make a real difference.
This is a unique leadership opportunity for someone to develop a strong understanding of the journey from KS2 to KS3 working alongside experienced Primary and Secondary teachers.
You will be:
· Able to articulate a vision, inspire and enthuse staff.
· Organised and committed.
· Have a strong moral purpose which puts pupils at the centre of everything.
· Have a good understanding of the new GCSE framework for English Language and Literature.
· Believes in high achievement for all pupils
We can offer:
· Pupils with outstanding behaviour and a passion to learn
· Expertise in KS2 English
· A focussed and committed team to work with
· A school which prioritises well-being for pupils and staff.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Further details and Application Forms are available from Mrs Sally Booth, Headteacher’s PA, email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, they may be downloaded from our website at www.scissettmiddle.com .
All completed applications should be returned, via email, to Mrs Booth by 4pm on Wednesday 24th January 2018.