TEACHING AND LEARNING RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organised lessons.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students.
• Use appropriate strategies to ensure outstanding student progress and well-being.
• Set and mark challenging class and homework according to school policy.
• Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
• Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure excellent attainment.
• Support extended intervention/enrichment activities to enhance students’ learning experience.
• Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the school.
• Maintain an organised and well-presented learning environment for students.
• Contributing to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students
• Support and uphold the requirements of school polices.
• Adhere to the staff code of conduct.
• Be an effective tutor.
• Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
• Attend team/staff meetings and participate in open evenings.
• Participate in relevant administrative and organisational tasks.
SUBJECT CORDINATOR DUTIES AND ROLES:
• Endeavour to maintain and develop the ethos of the school, in collaboration with the Head teacher.
• Promote high standards in teaching and learning in their subject area.
• Support all academic staff in their subject area to engage in planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting to meet the needs of all pupils.
• Support staff to create a productive learning environment, which is engaging and stimulating for all pupils.
• Assist in the collation of all examination results in subject area and submit to the Head of Senior and Junior School.
• Collaboratively develop and implement annual Subject Development Plans
• Liaise closely with the Learning Support department to ensure all students in their subject area receive and meet individual educational needs.
• Ensure consistency of Programmes of Study in subject area.
• Develop, review and evaluate lesson plans and ensuring their timely submission and alignment with the school planning system
• Line manage team, including setting and evaluating performance targets.
• Address academic concerns with teaching staff in subject area
• Collate subject assessment data and analyse with the Deputy Head teacher
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents.
• Mentor staff in their subject area on request
• Develop and submit and manage the budget for their subject area and ensure their subject area is adequately resourced.
• Promote CPD for staff in subject area including relevant curriculum and pedagogical updates
• Develop and present Parent Workshops for subject area.
• Support and monitor VLE and ISAMs updates with staff in subject area.
• Promote their subject area, for example by developing whole school events and Inter School competitions in consultation with the ECA coordinator .
1. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Excellent knowledge of curriculum.
A commitment knowledge of effective strategies to maintain and raise attainment, in particular to address the differing needs which exist in the mixed ability classroom, which includes second language learners.
An enthusiasm and commitment to teaching
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a range of audiences.
Proven administrative, time management and organisational skills
Must have at least 3 years’ experience in British Curriculum school
Teaching that is good or better which impacts positively on student progress.
A broad knowledge of relevant curriculum areas including a sound understanding of assessment and monitoring.
Experience of the use of data tracking and target setting to raise attainment and identify under performance.
An understanding and appreciation of the value of interesting and stimulating display and other motivational materials.
To be able to use ICT effectively.
3.PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES.
A commitment to multi-cultural education, the schools vision and ethos, equal opportunities policy and practice.
A commitment to, and understanding of the wider aspects of student development including PSHE.
A willingness to initiate and participate in both cross curricular and extracurricular activities.
A corporate citizen involved in the school community and demonstrates Hillcrest’s philosophy and core values.
The ability to establish effective and appropriate relationships with students. The ability to be a successful team member.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to parents, external agencies and the wider community.
Flexible, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
A reflective practitioner who responds to change positively.
Understanding of the importance of professionalism and confidentiality.
A commitment to being a role model for staff and students in relation to overall conduct to include the following: dress code, attendance and timekeeping
Able to use ICT effectively.
Hillcrest is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be subjected to mandatory child protection screening, including reference checks with past employers.
Hillcrest International Schools offers a 2-year renewable contract and competitive remuneration in an exciting working environment. Benefits include medical insurance, pension, flights at the start and end of contract (for expatriate staff) and discounted tuition fee for children of staff.
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17th Februar y 2020.
application letter detailing relevant experience and teaching philosophy detailed Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of three referees.
copies of academic and professional certificates, including teaching licence.
copy of passport bio-data page.
copy of passport photo.
latest copy of police clearance, DBS or equivalent
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
For more details about the position,kindly visit our website using the below link.