To strategically lead teaching and learning in the English Department; to manage the resources and people within.
The Head of English is responsible for the following:
- The Health and Safety of all colleagues and students whilst in the English Department. This includes the mental and physical wellbeing.
- The intent, implementation and impact of the curriculum in the English Department.
- The academic performance of the students, including the performance in external examinations, of subjects taught within the English Department.
- The behaviours and attitudes displayed by the students whilst in the English Department.
- The quality of provision. This refers to both the teaching & learning and resources found within the English Department.
- The deployment of all staff, the appropriate delegation of tasks and the effective use of all finances.
- The implementation of all school policies, including those relating to behaviour, homework and assessment, in the best interests of the pupils.
- The developments in the English curriculum, ensuring that they are consistent with the College’s broader aims and policies and are in the best interests of the pupils.
- The evaluation of staff performance, academic standards and the personal development and well-being of the students, ensuring that it is effective.
- The planning and implementation of actions to address identified priorities.
- To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress and behaviour for learning both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.
- To comply with the current policies and procedures of the College.
- To display the Wellington Values at all times, either in school or in the wider community.
Education: Undergraduate degree plus a recognised teaching qualification.
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License; IGCSE
Major: English or related education major an advantage
Language: Fluent English
Experience: A minimum of 4 years working experience in teaching English in high performing schools.
- Display excellence in English teaching.
- Show a track record of success in a previous Middle Leadership role.
- Prior experience of working with ESL learners preferred.
Please attach your CV, Teacher License together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellington College International Hangzhou is the 13th member of Wellington College family worldwide, offering a world-class international education for children of expatriate families from the ages of 5 to 18, following a curriculum based on the Engl...