HD Shanghai, part of the Hurtwood House China family of schools, is seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of English (Primary). This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious bilingual school, in an inspiring environment, and with the collegiate support of the Hurtwood House family in China and the UK.
Following a successful opening in August 2015, HD Shanghai has quickly grown into one of the City’s leading bilingual schools. Located in the district of Songjiang, HD Shanghai sits on an outstanding 70,000m2 site and will grow to accommodate 1,800 students aged 3-18. Like the other schools within the Hurtwood House China family (Beijing, Ningbo & Qingdao), HD Shanghai delivers a unique dual immersion curriculum, blending the best of the Chinese National Curriculum with British education. The School not only benefits from being part of the successful network of HD Schools in China, but also from its strong relationship with Hurtwood House, our partner school in the UK.
We want our Head of English (Primary):
- can develop a broad and balanced English curriculum that transitions seamlessly between years groups.
- will set and maintain high teaching and learning standards.
- is experienced in successfully leading and managing staff towards a common goal.
- is engaging, possesses excellent communication skills and has strong emotional intelligence.
- develop a collaborative and supportive culture amongst International and Chinese colleagues, in which information, ideas and resources are shared.
- can deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experiences for their students.
- will contribute to the co-curricular programme and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner.
- will work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button beneath the advert text - here you will be able to download an application form. After considering the details of the candidate information pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school. Completed application forms should be submitted to TES via the “My Completed Application” section by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 6th May 2018
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place in April. First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and final round interviews arranged accordingly.
Hurtwood House China reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Seren Waters on +44 207 788 7937 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
HD Shanghai is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.