We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and dynamic Head of English to lead our excellent English department from April 2020 (or sooner).
The candidate should have a very good track record with raising standards of attainment and progress across Secondary School, including at Post 16 where our school is rated outstanding. The post also requires the candidate to lead literacy across the school, so experience in this area would be desirable.
The Sheffield Private School is an established co-educational school that opened in 2004. Since 2016 it has consistently been rated good with very good and outstanding features. We welcome inspirational teachers and leaders who are able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning. We are proud of the very high standards of student achievement that we set across the school community.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a degree in English
- Have a track record of achieving outstanding outcomes for students in both attainment and progress.
- Have experience of working in a leadership role within an English Department
- Have a passion for developing the very best classroom practice in others
- Have some experience leading whole school literacy
- Have substantial experience leading and teaching English within the British Curriculum
In return, you’ll enjoy working with a dedicated team, all part of a wider staffing body who are caring, supportive, and excellent in what they do. Our CPD programme is extensive with access to a range of internal and external courses, including a commitment to Leadership Development Programmes.
Salary: Tax free Market Competitive
Benefits: medical insurance + annual flight home, Accommodation