An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dynamic English leader to join our Maddingley Campus.
As a member of the Senior Teacher Leadership Team, the Head of English position is responsible for leading curriculum and teaching practices within the English area. This position will report to the Principal and have a secondary report to the Assistant Principal – Director of Teaching and Learning, with a secondary report to the Assistant Principal – Director of Literacy Education and Support and leads the development of a guaranteed, viable and sequential curriculum, by integrating modern curriculum developments within teaching and learning practices and the management of staff within the English area.
This role provides formative feedback and guidance to teaching staff within the English discipline area regarding effective teaching practices, aligned with Bacchus Marsh Grammar’s Teaching and Learning Framework. Leading the instructional practice of a specific learning area requires effective communication with staff, students and parents, in relation to the learning area’s teaching practices and curriculum content, consistent with Bacchus Marsh Grammars Strategic Plan and policies.
This role will use data to monitor and analyse the impact of teaching on student learning outcomes in English.
This role will also be required to produce an agreed accountability framework for results and results improvements in their discipline area, in consultation with the Assistant Principal – Director of Teaching and Learning and the Assistant Principal – Director of Literacy Education and Support.
Key Selection Criteria:
- VIT registration.
- Tertiary teaching qualifications relevant to the learning area
Demonstrated Experience and Skills
- Teaching experience relevant to the learning area.
- Teaching experience of VCE English, English Language or Literature highly desirable.
- A sound knowledge of the teaching pedagogies and practices relevant to the learning area.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team.
- A proven record of monitoring, analysing and using data to improved student achievement.
- Active engagement with current pedagogical research.
- A proven record of implementing education programs.
- Experience leading and managing a range of curriculum processes.
- Highly developed interpersonal and skills, good negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff and parents.
- Strong organisational stills and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy and a degree of competency in the use of learning technologies.
- Proven experience in a similar position within a school environment preferable.
How to Apply:
Should this opportunity appeal to you, please submit your application addressed to Andrew Neal, Principal. Your application should include a current curriculum vitae listing contact details of two professional referees, together with a one-page cover letter.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is committed to a Child Safe school environment, and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar - Maddingley Campus
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years
Established in 1988, Bacchus Marsh Grammar has become a vibrant Independent School with a strong reputation for catering for individual differences and diversity, personal development, academic growth and pastoral care.
We are committed to providing ...