Farleigh School is looking to appoint an experienced teacher in a high profile appointment as Head of Exams and Assessment from September 2020 or earlier if available. The successful applicant will lead the School’s exams and assessment processes and conduct about 10 hours teaching per week within KS2 or KS3.
• Working closely with the Senior Management Team to provide professional focus and expertise on all Exams and Assessment matters
• Working with the Deputy Head (Academic) and Head of Pre-Prep to plan, organise and manage internal exams and assessments
• Working with colleagues to ensure all external exams are successfully completed
• Essential liaison with parents, staff, senior schools, ISI and ISEB
• Collating, recording and analysing exams and assessments data
• Teaching within KS2 or KS3
• Conversant with the exams and assessment processes in a Prep School, including national testing and standardised scores. This experience could have been attained working in an Independent Prep or Senior School or in the Maintained Sector
• Highly organised and plans well to ensure timelines that are critical for pupils secondary education are met
• An eye for detail that ensures exam and assessment entries are completed
• Oral, written and IT skills to enhance the exams and assessment processes
• Confidence to work closely with, and provide clear advice and support to the Senior Management Team in their dealings with parents and Senior Schools
• Vigour and enthusiasm to enable them to contribute positively to all aspects of the School as well as making them a first class teacher
• Ability, or potential for development, to be a highly regarded senior manager in the School
For further information and an application pack please contact Human Resources at Farleigh School on 01264 712863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 27 January 2020 at 10.00 am
Interview date: Monday 10th February 2020
Farleigh School reserves the right to appoint at any time during the recruitment process.
Farleigh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant(s) must be willing to undergo appropriate Child Protection Screening, including references from past employers and an enhanced DBS disclosure.