Nilai International School, Kuala Lumpur requires a Head of Expressive & Fine Arts, to inspire the students of this developing and growing school and take them to their personal bests.
NIS provides British-inspired and Cambridge International-based education from EYFS to IGCSE, in the relaxed and green suburb of Putra Nilai, in easy reach of KL and its airport, KLIA, the World Heritage Site of Malacca and the beach resort of Port Dickson. A Sixth Form is planned. Putra Nilai was founded as an education hub, and boasts several universities and excellent local amenities. Local accommodation, restaurants and shopping are plentiful, and the school offers residential opportunities for staff interested in Boarding duties. English is very widely spoken, the children and staff are diverse, friendly, collaborative and moving forward together, and opportunities await teachers who wish to make a real difference to children’s lives.
- A subject specialist degree from a reputable education institution.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- At least 5 years’ teaching experience in relevant subjects.
- Experience teaching Fine Arts or Music or Drama to GCSE level.
- Leadership experience or potential.
- A track record of academic excellence in teaching to 16 or 18.
As a member of our team you will be encouraged to contribute to the development of the school and its students through a range of co-curricular opportunities. You will also be supported to pursue your own personal professional development and career aspirations.
- This is a 2-year contract with an option to renew at the end of the contract.
How to Apply?
- Please email your updated CV, with a recent photograph and a brief expression of your interest in coming to teach in Malaysia to email@example.com
- Please include email contact details of 2 referees including your current / most recent employers.
- If you wish to speak to our Principal, please contact Mr. Charles Dormer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Interviews will be conducted through skype, if you are not based in Malaysia. Kindly indicate your Skype I.D. in the email.
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2017
We offer an attractive package including relocation assistance, comprehensive medical insurance, accommodation, sports club membership, expatriate allowances and flights. Substantially discounted school fees are provided for children of expatriate staff.
For further information, please browse www.nis.edu.my.
Nilai International School
No. 3, Persiaran University,
Putra Nilai, 71800 Negeri Sembilan,
Tel: +6 06 850 2188
Age range 3 – 16 years