Island School is seeking to appoint an outstanding leader to oversee all extra curricular and inter-house sport. This is a challenging role that would suit an experienced and passionate leader in this field. The role is to promote, encourage and facilitate competitive and recreational sport at all levels of the school. He or she will create a culture of sport in the school, where all students feel they can and should play sport at the appropriate level, and all staff feel that being involved in supporting student sport is part of what makes Island School complete.
The description below is layered on top of a mainscale teachers’ Job Description. All TLR responsibility holders have a teaching responsibility.
The roles and responsibilities are:
- Plan and implement the recreational and competitive sports programme
- Engaging and encouraging staff members to run sporting activities
- Facilitating the booking of sporting venues and the necessary transport
- Engaging coaches and instructors for sports that we do not have the staff qualified to lead
- Raising the profile of sport throughout the school with students, staff and parents
- Giving students the opportunity to perform and compete at the highest possible level in a wide variety of sports
- Celebrating sporting success and achievement
- Assist the Sports Director in running the Sports Awards event
- Oversee the development of the contribution of students as coaches, leaders in all sports activities
- Oversee inter school sport activities including sports tours
- Take, plan and develop CPD opportunities for sport
- Contribute to the development of sport and interhouse through the departmental yearly development plan
- High participation rates for staff and students in extra-curricular sport
- Resources for sport match needs of the students
- High visibility of sporting activity
- High levels of student leadership opportunities within sport
- Contributing to the Foundation wide professional development programme
- Accountable to the Principal
- A passion for teaching Physical Education
- Ability to inspire both staff and students in sport
- Ability to develop strategic goals and implement them
- Someone who can lead by the example of being personally involved in a variety of sports activities which will mean a commitment to them after school hours and on weekends
- Ability to develop and foster teamwork
- A good teacher with very good relationships with students
- Committed to the highest expectations of students and their learning
- High personal expectations
- Able to communicate effectively
- Experience of the IB’s Diploma and MYP Programme as well as BTEC
- International school experience
Closing Date: 25 Feb 2018
For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.