Head of Facilities
Grade JE10 - £51,000 - £55,000 per annum (depending on experience, plus pension and generous benefits package)
Full Time – All Year, Permanent
The Trust is part of a Federation of a Secondary and Primary Academy in South East London, passionate about raising aspirations and supporting each student to achieve their potential, we provide a high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 5-18. Our Federation has an excellent Sixth Form that is regarded as one of the top Sixth Form Centres in Southwark. Our academic, vibrant community and emphasis on developing the whole student makes us a popular and over-subscribed Academy.
We are keen to appoint to this senior role of Head of Facilities for the City of London Academies (South), which involves the leadership and delivery of a professional, efficient and cost effective facilities management and risk management service to the Trust. The role currently involves responsibilities across the City of London Academy (Southwark – based on two sites), Redriff Primary School and Galleywall Primary School, which will involve line management responsibility of staff located across these sites.
The main purpose of the role will include the following:
- Lead and deliver a professional, efficient and cost effective Facilities Management and Risk Management service to the Trust that is safe, compliant and fully functional throughout the year, in accordance with Premises Management Policies and Procedures and all relevant legislation
- Manage and oversee the quality and performance of all external facilities management contracts including: cleaning, site maintenance, grounds maintenance, security, mechanical and electrical, service engineers and all sub contracts
- Manage the premises on all school sites (as above), to ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation, including compliance with the Equality Act, undertaking all risk assessments, maintenance of all fire and other safety equipment, hazards and defects, as well as leading the health and safety committees of all schools
- Plan and execute building works and refurbishments, updating and developing the asset management and forward maintenance plans, liaising with the Director of Finance & HR and school Heads to ensure school sites are fit for purpose and operate efficiently
- Lead on Lettings across all sites, to facilitate income maximisation.
Qualified with a degree or equivalent in Building/Building Services or Facilities Management, you will also hold other relevant qualifications as detailed in the person specification and substantial experience of Facilities Management, including running a multi-site, multi-tenanted operation, as well as effective leadership, budget development and management experience and relevant skills in project management and problem solving.
This role offers a challenge and career progression, along with personal development to the successful applicant.
Please visit our website www.cityacademy.co.uk where you can access further information about the academy.
You will need to complete the online TES application form for support staff and note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 27th April 2018 and interviews are likely to be held during the week commencing 30th April 2018.
The City of London Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure Barring Service.