Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About Lodge Park Academy
We are proud to be one of the largest education providers in our community. We are moving towards our goal of becoming the best secondary school in Corby. Following a restructure and the appointment of a new principal, we are seeking to appoint a Head of Faculty – Communications. We are looking for a faculty leader who will build a strong team in English, Languages and Humanities.
You will be a skilled professional who can bring your passion for teaching to our students who have ambition and a genuine desire to succeed. You will inspire and motivate our students to achieve their potential.
As well as holding specialisms in IT, Computer Science, Sport, Technology and the Platinum Arts Mark, we are proud to offer unrivalled enrichment opportunities, recognised by Ofsted, that build confidence and shape the aspirations of our young people. Our sixth form is judged ‘good’ and is on a pathway to ‘outstanding’.
Corby, which is undergoing regeneration, has an excellent range of social and leisure facilities. As well as boasting lower than average property prices, the area in centrally located with good transport links to London and many other parts of the country.
As a strong leader you will inspire and motivate our teachers and be part of a strong, focussed team. The Head of Faculty will be supported by subject leads within the Faculty. They also play a vital role in contributing to the culture, ethos and strategic direction of the whole Academy.
Who we are looking for
- A strong background in English
- A degree in an appropriate specialist subject.
- Nationally recognised teaching qualification.
- The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4
- Ability to teach Key Stage 5 desirable but not essential
- A very good classroom teacher, demonstrating ability to innovate
- Understanding of current curriculum issues and contributing to growth in the sixth form.
- Able to show evidence of the use of technology in teaching and learning
- A proven track record of measurable impact as an individual teacher and at department level.
- Be flexible and responsive to a changing educational environment
- Contribute to whole academy initiatives and work collaboratively with the senior leadership team.
- Committed to working co-operatively with young people; able to communicate sensitively; imaginatively and effectively with them.
- Able to create a team ethos and lead by example
- Able to motivate and encourage problem solving
- Able to communicate effectively with parents to represent the Academy positively.
Lodge Park, part of the David Ross Education Trust aims to provide every student with a world class education by focussing on delivering high standards of attainment and achievement, whilst raising confidence and self-esteem.
We believe in an education that creates academically gifted, confident, well-rounded young people in the classroom, the workplace and in their communities.
About the role
Full time, permanent role
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme