This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your career, implement new strategies and lead our already successful English and Drama faculty to even greater heights. You will be an outstanding teacher, experienced in raising attainment with strong leadership skills and full of energy and enthusiasm for your subject. Our new Head of Faculty must be able to lead and inspire staff and students alike. Infectious enthusiasm and an engaging personality with a creative approach to the delivery of the curriculum area and attention to detail are essential.
Leventhorpe is a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. It was rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories by Ofsted in 2012. We are an accredited Teaching School; currently Leventhorpe is also the lead school for School Centres Initial Teacher Training within the Bishop’s Stortford Educational Trust (BSET).
To be successful, you will:
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
- be an excellent practitioner
- lead by example and act as a strong role model
- have a positive, can-do attitude with staff and students
- be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and management skills
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student attainment through own practice and by leading other staff
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
In return, we can provide:
- a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards which places strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
- English Faculty results of 93% 4-9 at GCSE
- a large Sixth Form of which a significant proportion choose to study English and Drama
- exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
- first-rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our training school status
- subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership
- excellent facilities. In recent years Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll, a further £7M investment is planned to include a new, state-of-the-art performing arts block alongside a brand-new science and sixth form block
- a school judged Outstanding in all respects in January 2012
- priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period
This is an exceptional opportunity to fill a key role in a forward-thinking and dynamic school. We welcome informal visits by potential applicants.
For further information and to apply, click the Apply link.
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 24th April 2019.
Interviews will take place the following week.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.