Head of Faculty (Humanities)
Salary to include TLR 1a (currently £10,205)
Permanent - Full Time - required from September 2021
The Humanities Faculty consists of History, Geography, Religious Studies and Citizenship. Within the Faculty, each Department is led by a specialist TLR holder. The successful candidate will oversee the running of the Humanities Faculty and take responsibility for the line management of the TLR holders.
The candidate must have:
• Have high expectations
• Be able to teach History to KS3 – 5.
• Be able to offer at least one other subject within the Humanities Faculty
• Want to work within a school where we are ambitious for all our students whatever their abilities and where we recognise that staff development and teamwork is paramount
• We would be interested in candidates who could teach A level Law but this is not essential
Vibrant working environment
Our central belief is that great schools recruit and retain great teachers and leaders. You will be joining an ambitious, vibrant and supportive working environment. You will be working with outstanding colleagues who are passionate about their subject specialism and pedagogy and who show extraordinary commitment and dedication to the young people in their care, as well as bring hugely supportive of each other.
• A successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with a flourishing Sixth Form
• Impressive subject facilities
• A vibrant, supportive community with friendly colleagues and students
• Situated in Cambridge – a centre of excellence
• Cross Trust developmental opportunities
This is an exciting time to consider joining our outstanding learning community and we look forward to receiving your application.
To apply for this position please download an application pack from the school website www.netherhall.org or contact Martyna Rowinska, HR Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
Only application forms with a covering letter accepted
Application deadline – Monday 17th May 2021 – 12noon
Interviews will be held on Friday 21st May 2021
The school has a clear commitment to Child Protection and Safeguarding Children.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Check.
The Netherhall School and The Oakes College Cambridge
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Netherhall School and Sixth Form Centre is a mixed, comprehensive, non-denominational secondary school situated in Queen Edith’s Way, Cambridge. It is a sponsor-led academy that is part of a multi-academy trust called Anglian Learning, which prov...