Lodge Park Academy in Corby is now recruiting for a Head of Faculty for Science and Technology. This role could be the ideal next step in your career.
About our Academy
Lodge Park is an 11-18 comprehensive academy, based in the town of Corby with nearly 900 students on roll. In January 2019 the academy was judged as requiring special measures by Ofsted. The new leadership team, with support from the David Ross Education Trust have drawn up rigorous plans to ensure rapid progress is made to improve the quality of education for all pupils.
Lodge Park is therefore seeking to recruit teachers who will have high expectations of all pupils and will work relentlessly to secure improved outcomes and life chances for the young people in our community. Driving this improvement is a commitment from academy leaders that teachers are the experts in their subject and they should be enabled to teach well planned units of the curriculum, ensuring students acquire knowledge; without the distraction of unnecessary workload, excessive observation and scrutiny or low value administrative tasks.
Leaders are committed to the “Principles of Direct Instruction” to deliver a knowledge based curriculum and we are seeking teachers who are looking to continue their professional development through an evidenced based approach to learning. The academy has a warm-strict approach to discipline and high expectations of pupils are now supported through a consistent and robust consequence system which is designed so teachers can concentrate on teaching and pupils can concentrate on learning.
The town of Corby in situated in the North of the county and is close to the market towns of Stamford, Uppingham, Oakham and Market Harborough. There are good transport links to the South East and the city of Leicester is only a 35 minute drive.
About the role
To lead the named faculty of Science & Technology
To act as the core leader for a subject area and be responsible for leading, managing, supporting and monitoring the work of the departmental team to secure effective leadership and management of the department and high standards of staff performance
Full-time - Permanent role
Salary & Benefits
- Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- An excellent provision for your professional development and Leadership Development programme
Who we are looking for
- Degree or equivalent
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Very strong track of professional development
- The ability to plan strategically, to set out clear aims and objectives and to manage transformational change successfully
- The ability to carry out rigorous self-evaluation and review and to act on the findings in order to bring about improvement
- The ability to lead and manage individuals and teams of staff so as to bring out the best in them and the best outcomes for students
- The ability to provide effective support to staff so as to ensure the maintenance of good conduct and relationships
- A record of consistently delivering good and outstanding lessons that result in students meeting or exceeding KPI targets
- An in depth knowledge of best practice in teaching, learning and assessment for learning
- A thorough understanding of how to use performance data to monitor standards of attainment and to plan appropriate interventions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence, trust and respect amongst staff, students and families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and confidence in the use of new technologies
- Successful experience of curriculum leadership
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance
- Experience in promoting a wide range of teaching methodologies
- Experience of carrying out effective classroom observation to reliably assess standards of teaching, learning and attainment to Ofsted criteria
Lodge Park Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.