HEAD OF FOOD AND CATERING
Start Date: September 2019
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Wednesday 24 April 2019
Interviews: Thursday 02 May 2019
Salary: Teachers’ Pay Scales plus TLR
Contract: Permanent, full-time post
Contact Details: School Office on 01935 813122, website on www.gryphon.dorset.sch.uk or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, creative and inspiring teacher with energy, enthusiasm and a love of food, nutrition, catering and hospitality to teach across the age range. The School has a long history of working with local businesses to provide industry-linked, vocationally-based, practical courses which have led to full time employment for our students. A significant number of our students go on to study Food and Catering at a higher level including the specialised chefs’ course at Bournemouth University, run by the Academy of Culinary Arts.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for all aspects of catering, hospitality and nutrition
• Have excellent communication and leadership skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the Department and school
• Be able to build relationships quickly
• Have a positive approach
• Have a real interest in educational issue, approaches and alternatives from around the world
• Be proactive and confident
• Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
• Have the ability to be a team player who will go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the opportunities of this role
Situated in a beautiful area of North Dorset, with easy road access to London, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and the glorious Dorset coast, The Gryphon School is a highly over-subscribed 11-18, comprehensive, Church of England school that welcomes those of all faiths and of none. Our students come first and we encourage every student to strive for the highest possible levels of academic achievement alongside developing the personal attributes and qualities to thrive and make a positive contribution throughout life. We also pride ourselves on our support and care for everyone and each other.
We are a very proud school which attracts students from around North and West Dorset as well as South Somerset. We also pride ourselves on our support and care for everyone and each other and offer well-developed and high-quality professional development opportunities, health and well-being packages and a superb working environment.
Our special culture and ethos focuses on high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our students.
The Gryphon School has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
The Gryphon School values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.