Head of Phase (reduced timetable)
Key Task: To support the Assistant Principal in the leadership and management of the Foundation Stage
We want to appoint a colleague who is:
• An exemplar classroom teacher who is committed to their own, and others’ professional development.
• An excellent communicator at all levels.
• Committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community
• A supportive colleague- a ‘critical friend’ who maintains confidentiality at all times.
• A good problem solver.
• Highly organised.
• Flexible, positive and adaptable to change.
• Personable, enthusiastic and committed.
• Has experience of developing and improving other colleague’s classroom practice in a variety of ways.
• Has demonstrated delivery of school improvement priorities.
• Is experienced in delivering training to a variety of groups.
• To be a role model to all in all areas; professional conduct, professional teaching and learning practice and professional development.
• To oversee the Admissions of Foundation Stage pupils.
• To collaborate with other SLT members to ensure continuous school improvement.
• To ensure the day to day running of the phase is in line with our school vision and aims.
• To raise attainment and improve classroom practice in the phase.
• To lead and implement initiatives to successfully deliver school improvement priorities.
• To reflect on data analysis of the phase, with the Assistant Principal and devise and deliver an action plan securing continuous improvement.
• To carry out joint lesson observations with SLT, and support colleagues to improve their classroom practice.
• To be involved in monitoring through work sampling, planning scrutiny and learning walks with the Assistant Principal.
• To oversee the role of Teaching Assistants working in their year groups; ensuring the Head of year has deployed staff resources appropriately.
• To line manage Heads of Year in the phase.
The Assistant Principals of lower and upper school will line manage their Heads of phase