Do you want an exciting opportunity to lead our French Curriculum in one of Britain’s top state schools? Judged OUTSTANDING in all aspects by OFSTED in October 2014, we are seeking a dynamic and inspirational leader and teacher who will lead our French provision and rise to the challenge of building on success. You will also have the opportunity to teach German at KS3. With the ability to engage, enthuse and motivate able pupils, you should be passionate about learning and able to demonstrate a range of behaviour management strategies and teaching skills. You will possess excellent communication skills to teach throughout the age range including A level French and will have the vision and determination to ensure all our students receive a first class education. You will be joining a department which:
· Delivers some outstanding outcomes for young people and is hungry for further success. Exam results for 2016 are 93% A*-B (A level) and 52% A*-A (GCSE) for French and 50% A*-B (A level) and 63% A*-A (GCSE) for German
· Has a friendly, supportive, talented hard-working teaching team
· Has a strong commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
In return we can offer:
- The opportunity to work with highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic students
- Commitment to continuing professional career development and support
- The opportunity to work in a caring and nurturing environment and to get involved in a broad spectrum of extra-curricular activities
If you are interested in working at the leading edge of education, believe that everyone can succeed and are prepared to work hard, we want to hear from you. For further details and an application pack please visit our website: www.bvgs.co.uk
Informal visits and enquiries are welcome by contacting Michele Wallis, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 22nd March 2017 at 3.00 pm.
Interviews will take place week beginning 27th March 2017.
Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work and verification of qualification checks are requirements for this post.