Dubai College is seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher with specific responsibility for overseeing the geography department. The primary role of the Head of Geography will be to lead the department through effective day to day management and longer term development planning. They will take overall responsibility for the effective running of the department through their management of the team, whose main responsibility is to maximise student outcomes through inspirational teaching and effective use of the school systems for tracking, monitoring and intervention. They will also spearhead the development of geography within the College by enhancing the broad and imaginative range of extra-curricular activities already on offer including work experiences, a lecture programme and hands-on projects.
All applicants must have:
- A good honours degree in geography and a PGCE qualification with QTS
- An outstanding knowledge and understanding of geography - a specialism in physical geography would be an advantage
- A strong track record of academic success (preferably in a highly selective coeducational school)
- Experience in preparing and securing students places at leading universities worldwide
- The ability to manage a department of well qualified teachers
- Proven inspirational leadership skills in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Teaching skills which enable learners to achieve relative to their prior attainment, making progress as good as, or better than, similar learners nationally
- Excellent data analysis skills
It would be an advantage if the applicant had:
- A postgraduate degree in geography
- Experience of teaching a highly academic subject to students of varied nationality and cultural background
- Experience as an examiner for a UK examining body
A full job specification can be found in the Vacancy Pack attached. This is also available on our website www.dubaicollege.org together with an application form.
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for accommodation and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Applicants should send a completed application form by email to Annie Kirkaldy, Headmaster’s Assistant on email@example.com.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and operates child protection screening which includes contacting previous employers and Disclosure and Barring checks.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 1st February and interviews will be held from Wednesday 7th - Tuesday 13th February 2018.