We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of Geography to join our successful and collaborative department. We are particularly interested in candidates who have a passion for teaching Physical Geography (including an ability/willing to train to teach Geology)
The role would suit someone seeking promotion and looking to take on wider responsibility, or an experienced Head of Department looking for a new challenge.
What you can expect from us:
• A supportive school that has staff well-being at its core
• CPD opportunities through our Trust and our status as a National Teaching School
• Coaching and mentoring opportunities open to all
• Students keen to learn and participate in lessons
• Opportunities to get involved in Educational Research projects
• Professional development programmes helping you aspire to leadership
• Cross-curricular collaboration and a rich extra-curricular programme
• Support for Masters qualifications
• A comprehensive NQT programme with reduced timetable and timetabled mentor sessions
Teachers in our school have:
• Excellent subject knowledge (a relevant degree/qualification)
• A passion for teaching
• A commitment to securing strong progress and raising achievement of all students
• High standards and expectations
We welcome applications from those interested in full time or part-time work.
A recruitment package, including some financial assistance, is available. We operate a bike to work scheme and there is an early years nursery on site.
What our colleagues said in the June 2019 staff survey:
"Induction for new staff was useful and supportive."
"I feel staff wellbeing is given a high priority here and staff benefit from it."
"I am proud to be part of a school where every teacher matters and every student is cared about. I really value how much I am invested in and known personally by the senior leadership team, and the efforts the school puts in to ensuring its staff are happy and developing professionally."
"I believe this school has helped me grow as a teacher, in my teaching abilities, academic understanding and leadership skills. Having worked elsewhere, I know that this is rare and it has made me feel like this school is a great place to develop my career."
"I have really appreciated all the opportunities there are at SWCHS for staff. I have benefited from and enjoyed the chance to participate in leadership programmes, CPD and trips."