Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR
Start: January 2020
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Cornwallis Academy are seeking to appoint a Head of Geography on a full time, permanent basis. We are looking for an enthusiastic and outstanding leader, with a proven track record of excellence, who can inspire students to successfully achieve their highest potential. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the skillset of being able to lead an ambitious team and continually promote the school’s ‘SMILE’ ethos and ‘Ambitions for All’. This is an opportunity for a dynamic and inspirational individual to lead the department across Key Stage 3, 4 and Key Stage 5.
The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding subject knowledge and leadership skills. They will also be able to demonstrate a skillset of being able to lead a successful team, developing innovative schemes of work and illustrate excellent understanding of data analysis to continue to improve attainment and progress outcomes for our students.
As well as our state of the art facilities, we have an exciting programme of trips, visits and extra-curricular activities, as well as offering you a laptop computer with access to a high range of high quality teaching and learning resources.
This post will entail the following responsibilities:
• Lead the department in raising standards of attainment across the whole curriculum
• Regularly monitor and maintain outstanding teaching and learning within the department
• Deliver targeted and subject specific CPD
• Monitor academic progress across year groups to ensure all students excel
• Carry out in depth analysis of student progress and identify targeted interventions
• Develop early intervention strategies for students
• Design an ambitious and engaging curriculum across all Key Stages
• Promote the school’s ethos and vision throughout the department
• Ensure the effective implementation of whole school policies within the department
We are looking for someone who is:
• Qualified Teacher Status / Newly Qualified Teacher Status
• An outstanding classroom practitioner
• Highly effective when planning, delivering and evaluating lessons
• Able to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
• Committed to continual professional development
We can offer you:
• A vibrant and exciting place to work
• An excellent CPD programme, with opportunities for action research and gaining nationally accredited qualifications
• State of the art facilities
• An opportunity to join various schemes such as the Benenden corporate healthcare scheme
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Future Schools Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All members of staff are expected to share and adhere to this commitment.