Are you passionate about your subject and ready to take the next step in your career? .
We are not just looking for a Head of Department: the post holder will be a full, strategic part of school improvement, working with the other Leaders to improve outcomes. We are looking for those ambitious to progress in their careers and committed to transforming the life chances our young people.
As Executive Headteacher, I joined the school on the 1st of January 2018, and our Ofsted took place in my first week in post. The report describes us very well. I encourage you to read it carefully. We are receiving support from Carnforth High School, which I also oversee and Ripley St Thomas Academy through both the TSA and the new Multi-Academy Trust, The Bay learning Trust. I firmly believe that with two strong local schools supporting us, we will transform life for the staff and students at Morecambe Community High School within an 18 month period.
The Geography Department regularly achieves national average results both for attainment and progress and attracts large post 16 cohorts. With the introduction of our new reformed curriculum in September, every KS4 student will choose Geography or History.
Morecambe is an area of significant coastal deprivation, with 35% Pupil premium students, a population with a prior attainment just below the national average and a small population of EAL students. These young people need excellent role models and leaders willing to engage with the local culture in which they live.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an excellent subject specialist, ready to take a leadership role.
- Can ‘walk the talk’ and model excellence inside and outside the classroom.
- Is flexible, resilient and has a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Is a system leader, excited by the idea of working with other schools.
- Is driven by moral purpose to serve the community of Morecambe.
We will also offer you:
- Excellent CPD opportunities-we will prepare you to take your next step
- Friendly and vibrant staff and students
- Stretch and challenge
- Support from system leaders across other schools
- The opportunity to make a real difference to students’ lives
I would warmly encourage serious candidates to visit the school, or to book a telephone conversation, to be able to fully appreciate our capacity and potential.
Applicants are warmly encouraged to visit the school, or contact the Head teacher for an informal conversation.
· Closing dates for application: 22nd May
· Provisional Interview date: 24th May
Please apply via email to my PA, Sue Seal at email@example.com
My personal email for any questions is firstname.lastname@example.org