We are looking for a dynamic leader and outstanding teacher to lead our highly successful Geography department. The Geography department obtains very impressive results and attracts large numbers at A Level. The post holder will have a track record of teaching successfully at all key stages.
Wood Green is an over subscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford.
This is a very exciting time for Wood Green. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, demonstrated in our Behaviour Policy built on restorative principles and everything is underpinned by our LearnWELL values.
The right candidate:
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented Head of Geography to join our highly successful, forward looking department. This is a permanent full-time post from September 2019.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for Geography
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the Geography Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• A Geography Department that achieves consistently good outcomes and has a drive to improve from Year 7 through to A level.
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy Geography
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
To apply for the post of Head of Geography please complete:
1. An Acer Trust application form. You may use the section ‘ Relevant Experience’ to share any additional information, relevant experience and success.
The closing date is Monday 20th May 2019 (12 noon).
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to closing date.
For details and an application form please visit our school website: www.wgswitney.org.uk/vacancies
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.