Head of Geography (standards leader)
Required from 1 September 2018
MPS + TLR 2B (£4,441)
This is an excellent opportunity to join our friendly, supportive and vibrant school, rated ‘good’ by Ofsted in January 2018.
Denefield School wishes to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Standards Leader for Geography, with experience of curriculum leadership.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to further raise standards, develop extra- curricular provision and work closely with the leadership team to ensure a high quality learning experience.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher, able to inspire and challenge learners of all abilities
- have excellent organisational skills
- be someone who can show measurable impact as an individual teacher and at department level
- be focused on building strong professional relationships
- be able to motivate and inspire students and colleagues to achieve their full potential
- be an advocate of a can do culture and philosophy
- be committed to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
- promote Geography and encourage all learners to show a love for the subject
- share in our CHARACTER values.
In addition, you must demonstrate the ability to fulfill all aspects of the role, with confidence, through the medium of English.
In return, we can offer:
- an exceptional CPD programme
- the chance to work collaboratively with a team of outstanding practitioners
- enthusiastic students keen to engage with learning
- an environment in which creativity and innovation are welcomed.
If you wish to be part of our plans for the future, please download an application form. This should be completed and returned, along with a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4, to email@example.com . If you would like to discuss the role or arrange a visit to the school, or indeed our day nursery for which we offer generous rates and term time only contracts for children of staff, please contact the school directly on 0118 9413458.
Denefield School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. CVs will not be accepted.
Denefield School is an equal opportunities employer and selects staff on merit, irrespective of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing date: 9.00am, Friday 2 March
Interviews: Thursday 8 March