Responsibility Allowance (RA3) £5,000
St Joseph’s is a successful oversubscribed Catholic college in Swindon. Our aim is to reflect the Christian values proclaimed in the Gospel by providing a caring community in which young people can grow as balanced individuals, morally, intellectually and spiritually. We want our students to leave the College with good academic qualifications. We hope they will be resilient young people who are responsible for themselves and the effects their actions have on others. To achieve these aims we need the very best staff. People who share our vision of the potential we see in our young people and are passionate about giving them the opportunity to learn to be the best they can be.
St Joseph’s Catholic College is an educational community with a focus on high aspirations. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher for the post of Head of Geography. You should be highly motivated and ambitious and able to lead the development of these subjects. This role will involve responsibility for the Geography Department. You will be able to enthuse and motivate our students with your passion for the subject and creative teaching. This post provides an excellent opportunity for an experienced teacher to develop their career. The position has a Responsibility Allowance 3 of £5,000.
You will be:
• An aspiring leader
• An excellent classroom practitioner with a proven track record of inspiring and motivating others.
• Able to plan strategically for success, with the ability to evaluate progress and outcomes.
• Able to coach, encourage and enthuse students and colleagues, with a track record of positive impact.
• Willing to go above and beyond to deliver at the very highest levels in helping to lead the College in its priority areas.
The College offers the following:
• Distinct, inclusive ethos
• Excellent behaviour and learning environment
• Many and varied opportunities for personal development
• GCSE 5 A* - C pass rate consistently above National Average
• A highly regarded training, induction and support programme
You can access our college website www.stjosephs.swindon.sch.uk to download an application form and further details of the post, or contact HR by phone on 01793 714200 or email HR@stjosephscollege.net
Please submit your application form and covering letter to the Principal.
Closing date: Sunday 24th September 2017
Interview date: W/C 25th September 2017
St Joseph’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring certificate All employees must respect and support the aims and objectives of our Catholic College, applications are not limited to those of Catholic faith.
The College workplace is currently under represented in individuals from ethnic minority groups. We would welcome applicants from these backgrounds and may use positive action as part of the recruitment process.