Job Reference : 003495
The British School of Beijing Shunyi (BSB), a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Head of German Primary to join us from August 2018. The German Primary School (Thuringia curriculum) is fully integrated alongside our international Primary school and includes a bilingual year 1, the grades 1 to 4 and a bilingual grade 5.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead a continuously growing stream, and will work with a team of dedicated primary teachers who already achieve excellent results in excellent facilities, and believe they can be truly outstanding. It would be a distinct advantage if candidates were also interested in teaching native speakers in the Primary School context.
The British School of Beijing, Shunyi
BSB is at an exciting stage of its development, having grown very significantly in the past decade and now numbering approximately 1,000 students aged 1-18. We have outstanding students from approximately 60 nationalities, who thrive academically and who are committed to achieving their best, and who grow with us as true global citizens through our culture of respect, opportunity and personal development. We also have highly supportive parents who engage fully in the life of the school and their children’s education.
The school is housed in a purpose-built campus with outstanding facilities in the safe and family-friendly suburb of Shunyi, which is only 20 km from the city centre of Beijing, which is without doubt one of the most exciting and culturally rich world capitals in which to live .
To learn more about our school, please visit http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/beijing/shunyi
Nord Anglia Education
With 47 schools and over 35,000 students across China, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and The Americas, the success of Nord Anglia Education is built on an international, networked team where ideas, learning and best practice are shared around the globe as we strive to maintain our position as the world’s leading premium schools organisation.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our global organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online platform which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that our teachers don’t just maintain their skills, they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking. Our collaborations with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) offer our teachers unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields. We also offer selected candidates from our staff worldwide an opportunity to earn their Executive Masters in International Education in an exclusive collaboration with King’s College London.
In addition to being a qualified teacher with up-to-date relevant Thuringia curriculum knowledge, the successful candidate will:
- Hold a degree and Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent;
- Have a teaching load of 12 - 14 periods per week;
- Be responsible for the organisation, marketing and further development of the German Primary School, the personnel management and personnel development, the cooperation with on-site organisations, the parent work in a multicultural environment as well as the participation in cross-departmental school programs;
- Have at least 3 years of leadership experience in a primary school (essential for visa regulation although please do ask if unsure);
- Show flexibility and innovation to design and implement school programs;
- Show communication skills, integrity and enthusiasm;
- Be a German Fluent speaker and have very good written and spoken English knowledge;
- Be passionate about young people and education and be able to engage a motivate students, based on high expectations;
- Show commitment to the principle that all children can achieve beyond what they previously thought possible;
- Skilfully use planning and assessment to match learning to individual learner need;
- Engage in the whole school, throughextra-curricular activity and learning outside the classroom, as well as within;
- Seek to consistently improve his/her own practice through Continuous Professional Development;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school;
- Show interest in Asian culture.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive package, including competitive salary, accommodation/housing allowance, annual flight allowance, worldwide private health insurance, end-of-contract gratuity bonus and free places in the school for children.
You will also benefit from the career and development opportunities that come with being part of the world’s leading premium schools organisation.
Above all, we believe that every student can achieve amazingly if they pursue their dreams and aspirations, be that academically or in the other fields in which we excel, such as sport, the performing and creative arts, leadership or commitment to the community. If you would like to be part of that success, we look forward to receiving your application.
Application should be made as soon as possible and not later than Friday 5 January 2017. Long-listed candidates will be contacted as soon as possible, with initial interviews taking place, conducted remotely by telephone, Skype or Facetime. Final interviews will take place at the Nord Anglia Education Recruitment Event in central London in the week commencing 16 January 2017 (alternative arrangements will be made for candidates who cannot attend in person). The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for any of the posts so please do apply as soon as you are ready to do so.
Closing Date: 5th January 2018
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.