Head of Health and Social Care
Start date: 1st September 2021
Salary: Academy Main Scale Points 1-12/Upper Pay scale Points 1-3 (£25,714 - £41,604 per annum) plus TLR 2a £2,873 per annum
Hours of work: Full Time
Closing date: 9am Monday 24th May 2021
Interview date: Thursday 27th May 2021
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Head of Health and Social care, with the ability to teach the BTEC Health and Social Care across Key Stage 3 and 4. The successful applicant will have full and up to date knowledge of BTEC Health and Social Care, Levels 2 and 3 and be fully committed to leading this successful department.
There is also the opportunity for the successful candidate to manage vocational qualifications within the Academy and take on the Head of Vocational studies role. This would involve providing additional support to new vocational subjects and to monitor data & progress being made in vocational subjects. This additional responsibility would attract an additional responsibility payment.
All Saints’ Academy is one of the best GCSE performing non-selective secondary schools in the Cheltenham and Tewkesbury area, and it has been for a number of years now.
Following another Good judgement, Ofsted reported:
• All Saints’ Academy is an inclusive school.
• Leaders and directors have been successful in improving pupils’ life chances by ensuring that they have achieved well in recent years.
• Staff hold fast to the school’s values and ethos, which unite them in their drive to improve standards.
• There is a clear determination to support pupils and their families to overcome barriers.
Sponsored by the Anglican Diocese of Gloucester, we are an Academy serving at the heart of our local community. All Saints’ Academy has a Life Vision, ‘Where every member of our extended family realise their God-given potential, inspired by John 10:10. Jesus said 'I have come so you may have life in all its fullness'.
We are an inclusive Church Academy who welcomes applications from all denominations and those of none.
What we offer:
- The Academy is in an attractive new building, within easy access to Cheltenham, Tewkesbury and the M5 with onsite catering facilities
- Entry into the Teachers’ Pension scheme
- Free access to the onsite gym facility
- Access to our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Free onsite parking
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and a completed Teaching Staff Application Form to Katie Jordan, HR Manager at email@example.com
Interviews maybe held remotely depending on government guidelines at the time of interview. Full details will be emailed to the shortlisted candidates.
All Saints’ Academy is committed to ensure that all applicants and employees are given equal opportunities and that no applicants or employees are discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender reassignment, race, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, age or religion and belief.
All Saints' Academy Cheltenham
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
All Saints’ Academy Cheltenham is a mainstream secondary state school with sixth-form, catering for pupils aged 11-19. The school opened in September 2011 and is a Church of England academy for the whole community, welcoming children of all faiths an...