Head of Higher Education & Access
Leadership Level 5, £37,896 - £51,270
37 hours x 52 weeks
The Sheffield College
The Head of Higher Education and Access will be responsible for leading, developing and implementation of the College’s HE strategy and be the main point of contact for HEI’s and other related stakeholders and awarding organisations.
You will work directly with delivery teams and departments to ensure consistency rigour and robustness in HE practice, and to manage the implementation and operation of quality systems for Higher Education programmes. To monitor and support progress against improvement actions and activities within teams and monitor cross college quality.
As an experienced practitioner the role will oversee and monitor the College HE provision. The role will be responsible for the monitoring and compliance of quality procedures providing support and feedback to department staff and to ensure key college initiatives to drive improvement are effectively delivered and supported.
Additionally the HE Quality and Operations Manager will assist in curriculum development of Higher Education programmes and in the organisation and delivery of staff development for those delivering higher level programmes.
The key focus of the role is to manage the implementation and operation of quality systems for Higher Education programmes in order to provide a robust and consistent approach to cross college quality process and practice.
Examples of specific responsibilities and accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Lead further development and implementation of the College’s HE strategy
2. Contribute to the research, development and formulation of the College’s Higher Education strategy and its Higher Education Widening Participation Strategy and ensure requirements are met in relation to these
3. Develop the college’s Access Agreement in line with changing OFFA requirements
4. Act as the main point of contact for HEI and other related stakeholders and awarding organisations
5. Manage staff within the designated team for HE, in accordance with the guidelines of the College’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
6. Ensure that the college’s HE and Access provision is well positioned in the market place to contribute to the College’s Strategic Objectives, build strong partnerships with HEIs, employers and other stakeholders.
7. Ensure robust progression pathways are in place for our HE provision, including the development of a strong link from our Access courses.
8. Develop and enhance the college’s quality assurance procedures and systems for Higher Education to align with any changes emanating from the Higher Education and Research Act 2017
9. Manage the implementation and operation of quality systems for Higher Education provision across College.
10. Actively promote scholarship and further develop work with the HE Academy to build a vibrant academic community of staff and students
11. Oversee the continued development of the college’s HE Academy Accredited Fellowship Scheme
12. To manage the implementation and operation of quality systems for Higher Education provision across College.
13. Manage the Quality Assurance Agency, HEFCE’s Annual Provider Review, Higher Assurance Review and other external reviews of the College’s Higher Education Provision 14. Manage the process of preparing the Annual Review Report and Action Plan
15. Work with curriculum areas to ensure their HE provision meets the QAA Quality Code and other external quality agencies’ requirements
16. Provide support for staff across the College to improve standards of all aspects of the student experience, with a focus on developing and implementing internal quality
17. Work collaboratively with other College Managers in order to ensure the HE curriculum progression pathways are in line with employer requirements in the relevant sectors
18. Assist SRIS to accurately complete the College’s HEIFES returns
19. Monitor and review targets and standards for student achievement and external requirements for qualifications, and oversee the drawing up of specifications and the running of programmes to meet these requirements and achieve continuous improvement.
20. Liaise with appropriate external organisations (HEFCE, OFFA, Office for Students, HE Academy etc.) with regard to the College’s Higher Education where appropriate.
For more information on the post and to arrange an informal chat please contact Matt Newbould, Head of Service Quality, Audit and Standards email@example.com
Closing Date: 17 October 2017