Bristol Grammar School is looking to appoint a first class enthusiast and communicator to lead a team of teachers who are responsible for developing the History and Politics capability of our pupils. The successful candidate will be well qualified and innovative in approach.
The History Department at Bristol Grammar School is lively and flourishing. As a large and popular department, it makes a substantial contribution to the academic life of the School and regularly achieves outstanding public examination results. The atmosphere within the department is congenial and supportive both of traditional teaching practices and new learning initiatives.
Duties of the Head of History and Politics
The attached Candidate Pack for Head of History and Politics gives full detail of the duties, these include:
- The leadership, oversight and management of the Department
- Ensuring that the quality of learning is at its very best in the Department
- Ensuring that the quality of teaching is at its very best, leading on new learning and teaching innovations in the subject, helping to facilitate all staff in the Department to discuss their teaching and develop new pedagogical techniques
To be successful in the role of Head of History and Politics, you will be:
- Well qualified and innovative in approach
- A graduate in History or a closely related discipline
- Experienced in teaching at KS3, KS4 and A Level or IB
Please check the Candidate Pack for more details.
To apply please visit the BGS website (click on 'Apply on school website' button) and follow the instructions.
The closing date for applications is 06 October 2021
Interviews will be planned for week commencing 11 October 2021
Bristol Grammar School
Bristol, City of
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
Bristol Grammar School received its Royal Charter in 1532 and has played a central role in the educational life of Bristol ever since.
We value our warm, vibrant and positive learning community, a place where pupils become accountable for thems...